Management Accountant – Coventry
3 – 6 Month contract (Urgent)
£27,000 - £30,000 pa
Bespoke are delighted to be working with a client with whom we have supported for over 10 years now. They are seeking to appoint an experienced Management Accountant to their Head Office team, initially on a 3-6 month interim basis but with potential opportunity to become a permanent arrangement,
About the role
Reporting to the Financial Controller your prime responsibility will be to ensure the organisations' Fixed Asset Additions and Work in Progress are accounted for at the end of each month, processing the appropriate journal to ensure a tight month-end deadline is achieved.
Typically, you will: -
- Prepare and post Month-end journals to report and movements such as depreciation, accruals, WIP and other adjustments
- Complete Balance Sheet reconciliations for the Fixed Asset accounts
- Complete various reporting on the Group reporting tool, in particular, the Fixed Asset table to show Yearly/Monthly movement and spend
- Download AP invoices from the ERP system to upload into Project software, liaising with Project Managers to review and approve
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure payments are scheduled appropriately
- Process and Asset disposals and transfers on the in house Asset system
- Prepare CAPEX project forecasts
- Assist with any Tax queries on the Statutory accounts
- General queries with the Project Managers
To be considered
You will ideally be working towards one of the professional accounting bodies such as ACCA or CIMA, although if you have in-depth demonstrable experience in the tasks listed above, consideration will be given. You will need to have worked in a busy finance function in a similar Management Accounting role and be able to demonstrate previous experience of Fixed Asset Accounting, Balance Sheet Reconciliation and exposure to CAPEX reporting. Your ability to communicate at all level of stakeholders will be put to great use in this position. Training can be offered on the internal systems, but a strong working knowledge of MS Excel would be advantageous.
What’s on offer
Our client is looking for some to commence as soon as possible and is ready to make this appointment immediately. There is a potential for the opportunity to become a permanent one and as a Group, they offer fantastic opportunities for career progression.
Interested and available to start immediately? perhaps you’d just like to have a chat to understand a few more details before applying. If so, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Bespoke Recruitment Solutions Ltd operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies