Financial Controller – System Implementation (min 12-month interim contract)
£45,000 - £50,000 pa
We are currently exclusively recruiting for an Interim Financial Controller for our Rugby based client. They are seeking a qualified professional for a minimum 12 Month contract to specifically take the lead on a project to manage the implementation of a new finance system, assisting with the review and streamlining of processes and procedures in doing so.
About the client:
Our client has an impressive history of serving their sector and is currently engaged in a very exciting period of change. Helping to evolve their services to meet the modern society, they are engaged in a significant number of change projects to automate and modernise processes, procedures and practices. Part of that change management programme includes an update of their Finance systems.
About the role:
In addition to taking the lead on the project to manage the implementation of the new finance system, the day to day responsibility of guiding the finance function will also be included. You will:
- Head up the production of all the Monthly finance activities including Monthly Management Accounting, Statutory Accounts, Cashflow, Budgeting/Forecasting and general finance compliance.
- Management of the Finance team members
- Deputise for the Finance Director where applicable
The greater focus of your time will be spent on the implementation project, where tasks will include:
- Work closely with the system supplier to define and document the scope of the project
- Review the current financial processes and procedures, including reporting to ensure that efficiencies are achieved through the new implementation, whilst improving appropriate controls
- Work with the Programme Manager and external suppliers to develop, test and implement an agreed solution
- Work with the external client to manage the data migration and integration of the new system
- Ensure the implemented system is fit for purpose and satisfy end-user expectations
- Work with the supplier to roadmap any future changes
To be considered for this role you will ideally be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA). Consideration will be offered to non-qualified accountants if perhaps you have Prince2 and Project Management experience, ideally, you’ll have all 3. A strong finance systems knowledge and prior experience of implementing Microsoft Finance systems would be highly advantageous. Previous experience of managing a small finance team, especially through a period of significant change would really help here too. Key attributes to your success will be the ability to prioritise, communicate effectively with all stakeholders (internal and external), motivate and offer guidance to your colleagues and deal with a selection of changing priorities and time-critical deadlines.
This is a great opportunity to join a long-established organisation who are going through a period of significant change. If change excites, then this is definitely a great role for you to be able to make a positive contribution. It is envisaged that the role will require a min 12 months commitment but highly likely to offer employment beyond that timescale too.
Interested? Perhaps you're not ready to apply just yet but would welcome a chance to discuss the opportunity further before submitting your CV, please just drop us a call and we will happy to share more details.
Bespoke Recruitment Solutions Ltd operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies