Finance Assistant – Maternity Cover (part-time)
*To start Mid to Late March 2020
£20,000 - £24,000 pa (FTE) 28 to 32 hours a week
Don’t you tend to find that things turn out better when you’ve planned them, thankfully our client’s culture is very much about planning and getting ahead of the game! They are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Assistant to cover for a colleague who is taking a period of Maternity leave from April this year. It’s envisaged that the opportunity will be for around 10 months, at the end of which they can review the situation again.
About our client:
Located in a lovely rural location between Henley and Warwick, you will require your own transport to access their offices but once you’re there you won’t be disappointed. Our client’s office has very modern facilities, ample free parking and inspiring views from the office. Not that you will have time to be looking out of the window as this will be a busy transactional finance role.
As a Finance Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Raising detailed sales invoices in accordance with colleagues instructions, seeking authorisation from the relevant Seniors/Directors where applicable
- Building good relationships with clients, by chasing debts on a regular basis
- Monitoring overdue invoice reports and resolving any debtor queries
- The input of sales receipts and allocation to the relevant accounts
- Processing Purchase Ledger invoices, ensuring timely authorisation
- Dealing with any Purchase Ledger queries to a successful resolution
- Processing expense claims and credit card statements, allocating to the relevant project number
- Processing payment runs and allocation to the supplier accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Emailing statements to Debtors every month
- Supporting the Finance Manager with any ongoing process improvement initiatives
Their ideal Finance Assistant profile:
Our client is keen to speak with finance professionals with experience of working in a hands-on transactional finance role. Previous experience of Credit Control and using Sage Line 50 would be highly desirable too. Our client’s services are built upon providing great attention to detail and first-class service to their clients, these are attributes that will be equally important for this support role too.
This is a great opportunity to work for an innovative and “people-focused” business with a great social culture and a strong “team-work” ethic. The offices are open standard working hours (9.00 am – 5.30 pm) and the Finance Manager is happy to discuss a flexible working pattern for the hours at the interview stage. In additions to a competitive salary, they offer a pension, 24 days holiday (pro-rata) and ample free parking.
If this sounds like your kind of environment and you have the experience required and availability to start a part-time opportunity around the middle of March then please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us. We will be happy to discuss this opportunity further.
Bespoke Recruitment Solutions Ltd operated as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies.