Deputy Finance Manager (Part-time - 24 hours a week)
Royal Leamington Spa - £28,000 - £34,000 pro-rata (*This is the Full-time Equivalent)
Bespoke Recruitment is delighted to be actively partnering a long-established and successful Warwickshire client in their quest to recruit a part-time Deputy Finance Manager to their UK HQ. Boasting 75 years of local experience, they have come through the initial lockdown period in a robust financial position and are now in a strong position to actively go ahead and recruit a replacement for a retiring employee. Our client has an impressive record of staff retention with the majority of their employee's only ever opting to leave due to reaching their retirement age.
Working in a small team of 4, this is a great opportunity for someone to support the Finance Manager and engage a hands-on involvement in the typical day to day and month to month activities of a busy finance function. They are looking for someone to join the team based on a 24-hour working week with their ideal work pattern being 4 x 6 hour days.
As the Deputy Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial reports (Journals, prepayments, P & L, Balance Sheet, Analysis & Reconciliation of control accounts)
- Preparation of accounts up to TB level
- Processing sub-contractor invoices and CIS administration
- Support the budgeting/forecasting process
- Bank payments and reconciliation of cash books
- VAT and PAYE returns
- Ad hoc support to the finance manager
- Provide detailed performance reports to the team
We are interested in speaking with Assistant Accountants/Deputy Finance Managers who have the following skills and experience:
- AAT or similar preferred, Qualified by experienced candidates with in-depth demonstrable experience will be given consideration
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good VAT knowledge
- Ideally some payroll knowledge, payroll is outsourced but knowledge would be useful
- Great attention to detail and strong Excel skills
- Previous CIS experience would be a distinct advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to be flexible on working patterns
Located in lovely modern premises, our client has a great reputation for employee engagement. Their impressive staff retention figures are no doubt a reflection on their strong "employee-centric" culture. Respectfully, this role would suit someone happy to continue to operate at this level for many years to come. Being honest, they don't boast a large finance function which will present opportunities for career progression but will look after those who demonstrate a commitment and dedication to deliver.
In return, as Deputy Finance Manager you will receive a salary of £28,000 - £34,000 (This would be the full-time equivalent if you worked 40 hours) per annum + Pension, Bupa and 25 days holiday (+ Bank holiday)
To apply for this Deputy Finance Manager role, please send across your CV to us immediately, they are ready to commence their recruitment process, via video interviews if necessary.
Bespoke Recruitment Solutions Ltd operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies