We are currently working exclusively on behalf of a privately owned client based in Leamington Spa. Operating in the local market for over 70 years, they have a long history of offering quality products and services to their clients/customers and have a strong reputation for delivering exceptional service. Due to an internal promotion, they are seeking an experienced professional to come and support the Finance Manager in a broad range of accounting activities. Working in a small team of 4, this is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a very hands-on style of finance management. Our client has an impressive record of staff retention and are proven to be a great local employer of choice. They are looking for someone to join the team based on a 24-hour working week with their ideal work pattern being 4 days a week, although consideration can be offered to those wishing to work 3 longer days.
As an Assistant Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial reports (Journals, prepayments, P & L, Balance Sheet, Analysis & Reconciliation of control accounts)
- Preparation of accounts up to TB level
- Processing sub-contractor invoices and CIS administration
- Support the budgeting/forecasting process
- Bank payments and reconciliation of cash books
- VAT and PAYE returns
- Ad hoc support to the finance manager
- Provide detailed performance reports to the team
We are interested in speaking with Assistant Accountants/Finance Managers who have the following skills and experience:
- AAT or similar preferred, Qualified by experienced candidates with in-depth demonstrable experience will be given consideration
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good VAT knowledge
- Ideally some payroll knowledge, payroll is outsourced but knowledge would be useful
- Great attention to detail and strong Excel skills
- Previous CIS experience would be a distinct advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to be flexible on working patterns
Located in lovely modern premises, our client has a great reputation for employee engagement. They have impressive staff retention figures and adopt a strong “employee-centric” culture by offering a great range of benefits but more importantly an engaging and rewarding environment. The standard working hours are 09:00-17:30, however, for this position flexibility of hours (to a certain extent) can be offered.
In return, as Assistant Finance Manager you will receive a salary of £28,000 - £34,000 (FTE) per annum + Pension, Bupa and 25 days holiday (+ Bank holiday)
To apply for this Assistant Finance Manager role, please send across your CV to us immediately.
Bespoke Recruitment Solutions Ltd operates as an employment business and employment agency for the provision of temporary and permanent vacancies